Sunday, October 3, 2010

Anniversary

Tonight was Matt and Kat's one year anniversary, and since they couldn't go out to dinner because of their new baby I cooked them dinner instead. Now, I have this weird rule for myself that I don't eat chicken parmigiana unless it's my grandmother's recipe. Well, today I made her recipe for chicken parmigiana and it turned out quite well. I also made brown sugar, thyme, and butter glazed carrots with baked pistacios, ricotta mashed potatoes, and (thanks to my best friend Elisha) pumpkin cheesecake brownies. I also tried to set the mood as well with some candles and light jazz :)




Here is the picture of the brownies:

At the end of dinner Virginia got a little fussy but I managed to get her back to sleep.


I love my little niece.

All in all it was a good day and tomorrow it's back to work! Until thursday....

3 comments:

  1. Miriam!
    You are the sweetest person. Yummy- Ilove your carrots. Chicken Parmigiana! Wow- you are getting to be such a fancy cook. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete